ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks a highly motivated and technically driven Thermal/CFD Engineer to join our engineering team in Novi, Michigan. This is a full-time, entry level position with a flexible start date between January – May of 2019. If you have a strong interest in solving heat transfer related engineering problems, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE THERMAL/CFD ENGINEER.
- Set-up/run thermal and CFD models; interpret thermal/CFD results
- Manage projects; write reports; author/quote technical proposals
- Research and develop modeling techniques and simulation processes
Technical Support & Sales Support
- Provide technical support and problem solving to customers via phone, email, site visits
- Collaborate with Sales Team to provide technical input on proposals
- Respond to product inquires and support pre-sales activities
- Provide technical support to Sales Team on visits to new and existing customers
- Lead presentations on technical materials during site visits and conferences
- Provide introductory and advanced software training to customers
- Establish positive relationships w/customers via phone, email, trades shows, conferences & site visits
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a starting wage of $60,000 – $70,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a rich benefit package and employee stock ownership.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience or strong interest in Heat Transfer/Thermal Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically/internationally 2-4 times per year.
- Strong organization, project coordination and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
- Experience using CAD/CAE tools.
- Direct experience in any of these technical areas: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer/Thermal Analysis, Human Comfort Analysis, Electro-Optic Sensor Modeling, Numerical Methods, High Performance Computing, Brakes, Batteries, Data Processing, experience designing/implementing/debugging/testing computer code (e.g., MATLAB, C++, Python, etc.)
INTERESTED? Apply online. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. ThermoAnalytics’ business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading edge technology with the simple values of its rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at thermoanalytics.com.