ThermoAnalytics, Inc., a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven students in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Software Engineering to join our team as Software Development Interns in Calumet, Michigan. Working in TAI’s creative, fast paced and technically challenging environment totally immerses you in leading edge software development processes as you build features alongside experienced programmers. You will learn to rapidly deliver software products across several platforms and gain invaluable experience as a member of our collaborative, geographically distributed development team.
Full-time, temporary positions available for the following periods:
- May-August 2018
- May-December 2018
- September-December 2018
As a development team member, your daily job activities will be as dynamic as every full-time software developer. TAI’s agile culture allows us to respond to changing business needs and user requirements, and will expose you to all of areas of software development and production during your time on our team. Your primary duties will include:
New Feature Development and Code Maintenance
- Write functional and test code – unit, functional and integration
- Gather feature requirements through conversations with users or their proxies
- Design software architecture – responsibilities/relations/interfaces for classes and modules
- Design user interfaces – both graphical and command line
- Pair programming to write, test, debug and refactor code
- Build and integrate graphical user interfaces
- Interact with customers to demonstrate features and obtain direct feedback
Build and Test
- Port code to Linux and Windows platforms
- Write and execute QA tests – both regression and installation
- Create and implement tools to automate processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Software development experience in a Linux environment
- C++ programming experience in at least 2 courses or personal projects
- Experience working in a team/collaborative environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Experience working in a command line development environment
- Experience debugging code using one or more tools (gdb, ddd, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience writing test code at some level (unit, functional, integration)
- Experience using agile development practices
- Background in physics, engineering or mechanical simulation tools
APPLY ONLINE. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US AT thermoanalytics.com