DESCRIPTION. ThermoAnalytics (TAI) is a passionate leader in developing thermal, fluid-flow, and infrared modeling software. The TAI business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading edge technology with the simple values of a rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. Join the dynamic, results oriented team at TAI as a Software Build & Release Engineer in either the Calumet or Novi, Michigan office.
As a Software Build & Release Engineer for TAI, you will be part of our DevOps team and handle the daily responsibilities supporting the release needs of multiple agile scrum teams including configuration identification, change management, build and release management, version control and source code auditing/reporting.
COMPENSATION. Competitive salary corresponding with experience in addition to a comprehensive package of benefits. A detailed benefit listing can be found at http://www.thermoanalytics.com/sites/default/files/pdf-uploads/TAI_benefits_20150706.pdf
- Evaluating, implementing and maintaining software build processes and automation tools to support software product development.
- Developing and managing software release and deployment processes, infrastructure and tools to support software product development.
- Developing and managing software configuration management processes, infrastructure and tools for advanced research and production development.
- Implementing and managing production software build and test environments.
- Advising on technologies and tools to support development and test environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience, required.
- 3+ years’ experience as a build engineer, required.
- Continuous Integration system deployment and maintenance, required.
- Demonstrated experience in process automation and improvement.
- Software build process/deployment automation in Linux & Windows environments (Bamboo preferred).
- Software build industry standard tools (Gradle, Ant, Cmake, Qmake, etc.).
- Software Configuration Management industry standard practices and tools (Subversion preferred).
- Installation, setup and management of build servers.
- System administration in Linux and Windows environments.
- A great team attitude and the desire to work with a small group of your peers, without hierarchy or politics.
- Strong analytic & problem solving skills; ability to self-prioritize tasks and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to self-manage & adapt in a fast paced, high demand environment with changing priorities & direction.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience & Skills Desired.
- Software licensing and usage monitoring technologies (FlexLM, Code Armor and Trackerbird preferred).
- Production software development (C/C++ preferred).
- Artifact repository design and deployment (Artifactory, Ivy, Nexus).
- Agile software development (Scrum and Kanban preferred).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY AT Visit www.thermoanalytics.com