ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven engineering students with an interest in heat transfer to join our team as an Engineering Services Intern in our Novi, Michigan location. The Intern position is full-time during the summer of 2019.
Engineering Services Interns work directly with full-time members of the TAI modeling staff to:
- Develop CAE based thermal models
- Construct surface mesh to represent object being modeled
- Collect material properties and boundary conditions to be assigned to model
- Set-up and run thermal models (TAITherm)
- Set-up CFD models (Fluent or StarCCM+)
- Write utility programs (MatLab, Python, C++, etc.)
- Support Sales Team by developing marketing models/content
- Support Development Team by testing TAITherm software
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $18.00 per hour. TAI places great value in its interns and provides a culture of intellectual excitement working with leading edge technology. Internships include health insurance, pro-rated holiday pay and access to the company Employee Assistance Program.
- Completed college/university sophomore level or above.
- Experience working in a team/collaborative situation.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, written/verbal communication skills.
- Heat Transfer course work or experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
- Thermal Modeling and Surface Meshing experience.
- Experience using Solid Modeling tools such as ProE, Solidworks, etc.
- Setting up CFD models in Fluent or StarCCM+.
- Programming experience such as MatLab, Python, etc.
INTERESTED? Apply online. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. The results oriented, yet informal, atmosphere is typified by many company perks such as picnics and luncheon celebrations. Learn more at thermoanalytics.com.
VISIT US AT CAREER FAIR Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at Michigan Tech University Career Fair.
Learn more about the MTU Career Fair at mtu.edu/career/events/career-fair/fair/.