ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks a dynamic personality with technical know-how to join our team as the Director of Sales in either Calumet or Novi, Michigan. The Director of Sales is an experienced team leader with a background in developing sales processes and building lasting relationships. If you have a vast and proven track record of success in sales management and leadership, we want to hear from you!
The Director of Sales is responsible for the day-to-day sales activities that integrate and support product sales and engineering services. This role will start at 50% management and 50% sales overseeing all sales activities including sales training, CRM use, sales process, sales tools, etc. Within 2 years, the position will transition to 80% management and 20% sales. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF SALES.
- Set/direct priorities for development of the sales function & team (training, processes, systems, tools).
- Direct the productivity of the department – CRM use, time management, progress checking, project retrospectives, etc.
- Direct the weekly, monthly, and quarterly review and planning of the department.
- Direct non-account sales efforts (smaller customers) working with Marketing to identify, develop, and coordinate a combination of many approaches.
- Collaborate with Marketing to: develop standardized “sales enablement” tools, support Marketing’s development of messaging, manage middle-of-funnel lead nurturing (people, processes, tools), manage sales contribution to top-of-funnel prospecting (accounts with major potential), optimize and standardize CRM use, foster collaboration between the two teams.
- Direct sales staff (performance feedback, professional development, hiring/onboarding, problems).
- Own recruiting, goal setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Work with Division Heads to prioritize and plan approaches for regions, sectors, and accounts.
- Direct key/target account planning and management.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $65,000 – $110,000 annually, based on knowledge and industry experience, in addition to an extremely rich benefit package. This is a non-commissioned sales position working for a customer-driven company. To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A THERMOANALYTICS DIRECTOR OF SALES.
As a growing CAE software company, this position demands excellent attention to detail, creativity, technical skills and product knowledge. In addition, the Director of Sales has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or another professional field, preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in sales and sales management required; background in software (CAE) desired.
- Exceptional relationship building, collaboration and communication skills.
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically/internationally, required.
- An unstoppable intellectual curiosity.
- Experience with project management and CRM required; Kanban and HubSpot, a bonus.
- A commitment to continuous education through sales training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- A proven ability to drive the sales process from planning to closing the deal.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
INTERESTED? Apply online below. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at thermoanalytics.com.